Friday, August 2, 2013

August Currently and Five for Friday and a Freebie!

It's officially August. I have conflicted feelings about August, with my birthday yesterday, moving to our new apartment on Monday, and my Dad visiting on Wednesday I'm excited. Then there's school starting, it's my first official year so I'm both excited and nervous. I have so much to do between packing and back to school preparations. August also means the return of Farley's Currently and Five for Friday!



listening: Sabrina has been my guilty pleasure this summer. :-)
loving: My hubby gave me the most beautiful bracelet from Catholic Bling for my birthday yesterday!
thinking: This one is pretty self-explanatory with school starting before I know it. My school to-do list is a mile long. Plus, I have to finishing packing and cleaning our apartment for our move on Monday.
wanting: We're super excited about our new apartment! I just wish we could skip all the grunt work that needs to happen in order to move in.
needing: I seriously need to buy shoes! I only have one new pair to start off the school year. Eek! 
B2s must haves: 
1. Have you tried out the new Pilot Frixion Pens? They are amazing! They come in multiple colors, and they are erasable! 
2. Last year I had the Erin Condren planner and loved it. This year I decided to upgrade to the teaching planner and I'm not regreting it. I'm most excited for the pages and pages of student checklists to help keep me on top of all my students paperwork. 
3. This year I'm finding the majority of my back to school purchases to be organizing solutions. I find organizing to be a huge challenge and anything I can find to help is worth it.

1. Printables!
This week I opened up my Teachers Pay Teachers store! My first freebie is up, click on the link to get it. I've had so much fun playing around with Photoshop this week. I have some more printables in the work, I'll post on here when I've uploaded them to my store. I would love it if you'd leave a comment if you like my How We Go Home Clip chart. 

I can't wait to get this printed out and up in my classroom!

2. Shopping

I scored some really good deals at the LOFT this week during a shopping trip with one of my teaching buddies! 
 3. Birthday


I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my hubby. We ate so much tasty food and found a great Vietnamese restaurant.
4. Books


I discovered Half-Price Books yesterday. I need to find the time to go back to look for more books for my classroom.

5. Classroom Supplies!



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Congratulations on opening your TPT store!

    BTW...I am the one behind you at the linky party.
    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love B2S clothes shopping! Although it was a bit more enjoyable as a child when mom and dad paid ;)! Congrats on opening your new TpT store!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete