Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new year and a new start

As 2012 came to a close, I reflected on what areas of my life needed improvement. What I came to recognize is that I need to practice the art of reflection. I learned during my student teaching that reflection is a critical part of being a teacher. After taking my current teaching position I have thought many times about my need to reflex but hadn't found a way to incorporate it into my life. I'm turning to a blog to help make me accountable to this process in order to better myself as a teacher.

I'm a new teacher, although I've been out of college now since 2009. I started wanting to teach in Elementary school, I even student taught in 3rd and 4th grade, and graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. But that's not the path God created for me. God finally led me to a place where I would become a Pre-K Special Education teacher.

Never in my whole life did I ever consider this as a career path, but I'm so glad that God led me to this place. The past few months have been an amazing journey of growth, discovery, and a huge run-in with the first year teaching crud. (Yes, I was sick for over a month and a half. No one said this would be easy).

Going forward I plan to post updates once a week, probably on Fridays, to chronicle the learning explorations going on in my classroom and reflections on my teaching.

I hope this post is the start of many new explorations. Thanks for stopping by!

Allons-y!

~Stacy
Pre-K Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment