Friday, January 4, 2013

Technology!

I'm so thankful that it's Saturday, and I'm getting a much needed break. It was definitely hard getting back into the routine and getting swamped with new responsibilities.

Monday: First day back to work after the winter break, I was feeling freshly productive. A question for the Speech Pathologist that works with my kiddos, and a review of my lesson plans I realized that I skipped the whole first week of Stories and Rhymes from our curriculum. My first reaction was to just flip flop weeks, in order to make things easier. But after a quick talk with one of the aides in our suite, I changed my mind and decided to make a new lesson for this week using nursery rhymes. Not a huge crisis, but it was definitely a Monday moment.

We had a few meetings but thanks to my wonderful aides lots of work was accomplished! :-) I seriously don't know what I would do without them.

 It was a rainy, damp week.

 

After a long needed break, I've finally started working on lesson plans and activities for the next month. Yes, you heard me right. I'm planning a month at a time in order to bring me sanity while I make my way through assessments, ARD meetings, and updating IEP's.

With so much going on, I'm trying out using both monthly lesson overviews as well as planning out my centers for the month.I feel like October and December were so much just me surviving the crud that if I don't plan ahead this semester will be one long headache. My classes are about 2 hours and 45 minutes long. So the majority of my lessons are made up of a story and a small group activity, plus centers. Screenshot_2013-01-04-21-38-55

 

No comments:

Post a Comment